Xperia X10 in North America?General

Last Updated:

1. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I write for two Sony Ericsson blogs and one thing I've been keeping an eye out for, is the X10 released in North America. I know some of you guys are from America, so when did the X10 get released there and on what networks. As I said, I've been keeping an eye out for info on the release and just searched now but, still can't find anything. I can however find that the update is now available for NA but, no other info :s. I'm in the UK, so most of my results for where to buy, are UK. But I checked AT&T and Verizon and nothing. Or are yours imported/Canadian handsets?

Advertisement
  2. Mxtc

Mxtc Well-Known Member

X10 was released in Canada on Rogers.

In the USA, you can use the phone on AT&T (X10a) and T-mobile (X10i), but you have to buy it full price, either online (try Amazon.com) or possibly at the Sony Style Store.

Bexy likes this.
  3. Loch

Loch Well-Known Member

Canada is the largest country in North America.
    Was released in Canada on April 15th.

Not sure about the US.

Bexy likes this.
  4. Bexy

Thanks guys.

Yeah I knew it had been released in Canada already :). And lucky guys got a free bluetooth headset if ordered/redeem within a certain time (although I have read some got theirs free in the box).

Thanks for the replies :).

5. Mxtc

Mxtc Well-Known Member

Here is a little more info for you on the X10 within the United States of America.
    This isn't a carrier branded\supplied phone, which is why most people don't have it. Within the USA, Sony-Ericsson has a history of selling most of their phones rather expensive, and exclusive to their Sony Style Stores (which is the only place I saw the X1 and X2 phones)
    For the two GSM carriers, (AT&T and T-Mobile) there are two versions of this phone supporting the carrier's 3G bandwidths.
    My experience? I love it, and it is incredibly fast on HSPA(+?) on T-Mobile.
    Reception for my phone has been positive. I don't know anyone who will get it because there are less expensive options here for HTC Droid Incredible, Motorola Droid X, HTC Evo 4G, HTC MyTouch Slide and Samsung Galaxy S...

Bexy likes this.
  6. Bexy

Thanks Mxtc, that's very useful info!

And helpful :). I wondered why so many people in the US had an X10, when last I heard, AT&T were gonna release it at the end of this month and heard nothing since. I'll keep an eye of the Sony Style store :).