• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help xperia z not charging, water damage?

Daniel medina

Lurker
May 27, 2015
Hi! recently i bought a xperia z, i updated to 5.0 os, it made a waterproof test but in less than a 2 minutes under water i start to see some air bubbles coming out of the sim port, i took it out and dry it with my shirt...

so, reboot 3 times (sim unreadable) i took the water out (not much) and then it start normally, well working, but just for sure i leave it in rice 12 hrs, this morning i turned on and was all fine, but when i wanted to charge it the led turns red 5 seconds (it shows like charging in the batt icon) then turns off and stop charging, what can i do?
the phone now is with 5% batt and i turned off. please help!

Daniel Medina.

Hi Daniel, and welcome to Android Forums.

in less than a 2 minutes under water i start to see some air bubbles coming out of the sim port

Was the port cover pushed firmly home flush with the body? If so then you have grounds for a claim under warranty as the cover, or the phone body, must therefore be defective.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones