• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo mail question

fastbagger

Mar 27, 2010
Hello all great website I have been reading for months. I have a Yahoo email question. When I use the program "mail" on my Eris and input my email and password it automatically uses an imap server. I notice that on the imap server I cannot use WiFi to check my email. When I use the Yahoo mail as a pop server it works perect on WiFi. I don't understand the difference. Which is better imap or pop? Thanks.

Actually, neither! On my previous phone, a G1, I couldn't get my Yahoo (AT&T Yahoo) Premium account to even load, and although it loaded on my new Samsung Acclaim, it crashed regularly. I stopped fighting city hall and installed the Yahoo Mail app from the Android Market. It is free, and it works just great! You can even see and access those folders you've created. And, for you, it works while on WiFi. I just tested it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones