Yahoo mail questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. fastbagger

fastbagger Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all great website I have been reading for months. I have a Yahoo email question. When I use the program "mail" on my Eris and input my email and password it automatically uses an imap server. I notice that on the imap server I cannot use WiFi to check my email. When I use the Yahoo mail as a pop server it works perect on WiFi. I don't understand the difference. Which is better imap or pop? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. rasmith3530

rasmith3530 Well-Known Member

Actually, neither! On my previous phone, a G1, I couldn't get my Yahoo (AT&T Yahoo) Premium account to even load, and although it loaded on my new Samsung Acclaim, it crashed regularly. I stopped fighting city hall and installed the Yahoo Mail app from the Android Market. It is free, and it works just great! You can even see and access those folders you've created. And, for you, it works while on WiFi. I just tested it!

3. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Just download the yahoo mail app in the marketplace, it works great. Problem solved.

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

The AT&T Yahoo mail is very particular about it's settings in the 'mail' program but it can be done. I have two different Att/yahoo mails set up in Mail and they work fine. As I recall the default receive settings were OK, but it's send settings needed some corrections.

5. fastbagger

fastbagger Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone for help. I have used the Yahoo! email application and 2 things I notice. It seems to run my battery down sooner because it is always running as an application, also when I receive an email that has a picture I can't save the picture to my SD card. Am I doing something wrong?