• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo! Messenger Video Chat for EVO

Yahoo Messenger is the bain of my existence. Made the mistake of signing into a Yahoo Chat room for technical support and got my username/email spammed the crap out of. Made me receive several "offline messages" from spammers every time I log in.

That said, I at least hope that this new functionality will help push other Messengers into implementing the same feature (Skype especially!).

Upvote 0
When making a call to someone on a pc through the yahoo video chat from my evo, i can see them very well, she can hear me but i cannot hear her. Is it something wrong with her webcam?? Please help.

Test it PC to PC and see what happens.

I can't even get the EVO to allow me to initiate a video chat yet. I guess I'll remove and reinstall the apps since nobody seems to have any other ideas.

Upvote 0
Its not really big news because its been around for a month or so, just not officially in the market. Got it to work Evo to PC pretty well, but tried it Evo to Evo and I get no video, then it locks up upon trying to exit.

That was with the unofficial version tho. Maybe this one works better.

When i try to use it it wont let me connect with a friend on yahoo pc it keeps saying that it isnt available or something like that can someone please explin the steps to making this app work detailed instructions would be nice i think it might because when i log out of yahoo it automatically sines me into yahoo mobile so i receive messages via text!!! please help!!!!:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones