• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yamgo - streaming tv to desire (uk)

I've uninstalled Opera now.

both the default internet program and dolphin are set to allow mobile sites.

But whichever i use (non wifi, usually on 'H' connection), when i click on the channel link, it goes to the swirly progress thing on the video player for maybe 30 seconds then brings up a window saying it 'cannot play the video file as it cannot connect to the server'. wifi works fine.

odd. like i said, maybe its just O2.

Nope, I get this at work, but not at home. Sure you're not getting the stream blocked?

Upvote 0
mine works fine
when I press on the pic of the channel it asks if i want to see movies or streaming player to open and I press streaming and it works.
quality aint the best but it will do :)
this was using dolphin hd browser

im using dolphin hd browser, when I long press on the channel icon, I get options to open the link, save the picture, save the linked file etc, but neither of the options you mentioned?

choosing the option to save the linked file shows a .3gp file, but presumeably as it live streaming tv, you couldnt save the file anyway.

Upvote 0
The quality is dependent upon something, and I don't think its the phone. I have tried this a few times now and a couple of times the quality was very pixelated, other times very smooth.

Lekky, what browser are you using, and do you have any other video playing software on the phone? what options do you get if you long press on the channel picture?

Like i said, it works fine on mine using wifi, but not at all using 'H' connection, just says it cant connect to the server?

any ideas why?

Upvote 0
im using dolphin hd browser, when I long press on the channel icon, I get options to open the link, save the picture, save the linked file etc, but neither of the options you mentioned?

choosing the option to save the linked file shows a .3gp file, but presumeably as it live streaming tv, you couldnt save the file anyway.

i did not long press. I just pressed once normally like you would for a link on a website. It then asked me what I wanted to open it with.

Upvote 0
Having a spot of bother with it here- firstly Yamgo thinks its a Bravo rather than a Desire and when it tries to connect (even via wifi) it hangs on the loading screen and comes up with the "unable to connect to server " option - on my stock browser it's ticked as allowing mobile sites but on the Dolphin it takes me to a google page when I click that in settings and tells me phone isn't capable of supporting the space age technology - WTF????

Upvote 0
i did not long press. I just pressed once normally like you would for a link on a website. It then asked me what I wanted to open it with.

do you have any other video playback apps on the phone that may have added that option to your browser?

Having a spot of bother with it here- firstly Yamgo thinks its a Bravo rather than a Desire and when it tries to connect (even via wifi) it hangs on the loading screen and comes up with the "unable to connect to server " option - on my stock browser it's ticked as allowing mobile sites but on the Dolphin it takes me to a google page when I click that in settings and tells me phone isn't capable of supporting the space age technology - WTF????

mine shows as a Bravo as well, but I think thats the american version of the Desire isnt it?

Upvote 0
The Dolphin browser has now decided that it doesn't want to recognise my phone now, so it doesn't work anymore, I'm at work at the moment so I'll try again later when I'm at home and see if it works again.

Very good site but it doesn't seem to work consistently across all browsers.
Back home now and it seems to work OK again on H and wireless, strange things are happening...

Upvote 0
Back home now and it seems to work OK again on H and wireless, strange things are happening...

in dolphin hd, are you just clicking the channel button eg. bbc1, and it goes to the video player, or do you get options to download or stream as discussed above?

really confused as to why some people can get it to work on 'H' or '3G' and I
can only get it to work on wifi?

thanks.

Upvote 0
I had an app called beeb player. Has this been taken down as I can't find it any more.:thinking:

Download beebplayer from Android Market. This will allow you to watch iPlayer content (live radio and watch again) but not live TV. Hope this helps

Beebplayer is no more. It lost Live TV support a couple of weeks ago and now the dev has pulled out. I'm guessing BBC did their usual trick of killing off competition.. without having an alternative of their own yet.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this. Better than nothing but syncing is not great :-/

I wish TVCatchup would just hurry up..

I think we have to be realistic when talking about the quality of TV on a mobile device. You only have to read the TV Catchup forum for iPhone to realise that even when TVC comes (probably when we get Flash 10.1 - rather than any app) the quality is going to vary greatly. Sound is often an issue with TVC.
That said TVC and Yamgo are great for occasional use. Not sure I would sit the family down in front of my Desire on a Saturday night to watch TV though:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones