• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Your choice for best Droid X case...and why?

Here at Fortte we offer a lot of different options to personalize your case. You can order any model in any of the 30 colors that we offer by going to personalize your case.

Love the positive feedback and would like to offer 20% off your entire purchase ( this includes embossing and color selection ) just type in BUYMORE and our system will give you the savings right away...

Thanks...Fortte

Just an FYI, my new Droid X comes either tomorrow or the next day and I was browsing cases online via Google. I found this thread and your discount. I registered here, and then bought a case off your site. I figured I would share as I am in sales with an Internet security company and always like to know when the right things work. Looking forward to my case.

Upvote 0
I'm a road warrior sales person. I like having my phone fully covered when not in use, but don't like the extra bulk of plastic hard cases when I'm using the phone. Especially with the bulky droid X. I like to hold the actual phone in my hands. I also like to be able to put my phone in my pocket or easily slip it into my shoulderbag without worrying about scratching it on keys or something. So... no belt clip and it must have a screen cover!

This always leads me to buy a 'pocket pouch' and I had to search long and hard for this one.

I bought this case and I'm really happy with the quality (soft padded leather) and functionality (can plug in cords with the phone in the case . Although, you need to put the phone in upside down to get the power plug in when it's in the case. That's no big deal though).

PDair Leather Case for Motorola DROID X MB810 - Vertical Pouch Type (Black)

Upvote 0
I will be receiving my Black Leather case w/kickstand

Is this the case that has textured leather?

I have a a Body Glove Scuba case with kickstand on my BB and I luv this case. It is smooth leather with a adjustable kickstand/clip.

I have contacted Body Glove and they don't offer it for the Droid X yet, but I'm gonna wait for it cause I luv it just that much.

Oh yes they do. I just got the Body Glove Snap On Case [ASIN B003YJDZUQ] from one of the Amazon affiliated vendors. The MSRP is $29.95 but you can get for less from brick/mortar or online. I liked the one I got for my original Droid. It is a 2 piece, snap-on with a optional removable belt clip, which can also be used as a kickstand. It fits snuggly and snaps in place in all 4 corners. I like the feel of the rubberized material (nonslip). A nice design feature is at the bottom of the case there is a small hard plastic section that you would use to open the case with a coin without damaging the case.

Screen protectors are always sold separately. I am waiting for SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protector from Amazon.
I prefer the antifingerprint matte. However, I don't like that fact that matte screen protectors are horrible in sunlight, but I have learned to live with it.
Best of luck.

Upvote 0
I've been a big fan of body glove, still am, but I receently picked up the otterbox defender. Now the size certainly might not be for everyone, but this case is aaamazing!!! Love that the holster can hold the phone anyway you wgnt to put the phone in there. I feel like I could throw this phone across the room and be confident in its protection. Wow! Just...wow!

Upvote 0
I actually really like my argyle TPU case. I also won a free unique skin and added it to my DX. With both combined, it looks quite unique and pretty.

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones