• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Youtube has an overlay sometimes

Sometimes when I launch Youtube, then hit full screen, it shows some kind of overlay over the whole screen with a faint image of the "screen mirroring" icon in the middle and the video then is lighter and shows behind this overlay. I can't get rid of it. I have to close youtube and go in and out and in and out and then sometimes it goes away. This started happening with my Verizon update 4.3

Another new thing I noticed is when I browse youtube and click to watch something, it first shows some kind of summary description with a "play" button on the left and an "add to tv" button on the right. I always hit Play since add to TV does nothing (so it seems). Is this new behavior? It's not consistant?

Yup. Looks like I'm not the only one.

I posted this a few weeks ago and no one seemed to know what was up... http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/788665-weird-youtube-app-problem.html

I have also had the ANNOYING problem since the update.
I just did a hard reset last night and after using the youtube app a few times it started doing it again.
It does it more often than not.

I basically have to use youtube in a browser if I want to SEE the video. :-/

Upvote 0
Is it happening when you are streaming your audio to a Bluetooth device? It happened to me and I found a forum where somebody got a google tech response. It's a bug in one of the latest youtube app updates. They are currently working on a fix. I just uninstalled my youtube updates and it's gone. I'll update again in a week or two and see if it's fixed.

Upvote 0
Is it happening when you are streaming your audio to a Bluetooth device? It happened to me and I found a forum where somebody got a google tech response. It's a bug in one of the latest youtube app updates. They are currently working on a fix. I just uninstalled my youtube updates and it's gone. I'll update again in a week or two and see if it's fixed.

Yeah last night I tried to show the problem to my brother but it didn't do it. LOL!
And I realized that I have a Bluetooth device paired when I most often use youtube which is in the car or my headset when at work and I didn't have blutooth on when I tried to demonstrate the problem last night.

I'll see if I can roll back the update. Is that possible after doing a HARD RESET the other night? Or does the app actually install an older version if you want?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones