• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

YouTube screen on Chrome on Android phone turns green.

Joshyco

Lurker
Jun 12, 2023
While viewing a video on YouTube on Chrome on my Android phone, the screen turns green.

I uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it and the issue was resolved initially... only for the issue to recur a little later while viewing YouTube videos on Chrome on my phone.

I uninstalled Chrome once again and reinstalled it but this time the issue was not resolved.

This issue occurs while viewing YouTube on Chrome only.. YouTube works fine while viewing on the app and on Internet explorer but I am so used to viewing YouTube videos on Chrome on my phone.

Could someone please help me out with this?

well your phone Galaxy J7 Nxt came out in 2015. its very old now. so current apps may not run as well on your phone. you will find that weird things like this may happen more often as the phone gets older. if the youtube app works just fine, i would just use that going forward. i see no fix for this issue.....especially if you uninstalled and then reinstalled chrome and you are still having issues. there is no phone setting that will fix this......so.....either get a new phone, or deal with using the youtube app.

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones