• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Z Fold5 Pre-order, spec's, launch date

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
Samsung have finally announced the details for the Galaxy Z Fold5 and Flip5.

Launch date is 11th August but those pre-ordering could receive them as early as the 4th August.

Not too much difference in spec's from the Fold4. See the differences, here...

Not too much difference in price for those pre-ordering as 512GB storage is being offered for the price of 256GB = £1,749.00p

Screenshot 2023-07-26 134929.png

More info, here... Galaxy Z Fold 5 | Camera, Specs & Screen | Samsung UK

Last edited:
I was watching the event live and turned it off after the Z Fold 5. All flash, big talk, very little real improvement. I look forward to the next Unpacked to see how the S24 Ultra compares with its previous iteration (which I love).
We Europeans are viewing the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S24 with fear and trepidation as it is rumoured that Samsung's own chipset, the Exynos, may make a return to the Global models. This proved unpopular in the past as it was inferior to the Qualcomm Snapdragon. See...

Samsung tipped to bring back Exynos for the Galaxy S24 series too

Upvote 0
Yep... sucks for you guys in the Old Country! Hopefully, Samsung foundries have made enough improvements in the Exynos SoC that it rivals the Qualcomm chip... we should start seeing leaked benchmarks in December!
It seems that Samsung have now got an over abundance of their chips...

"Samsung Electronics has reported a likely 96 percent plunge in second-quarter operating profit, largely in line with forecasts, as an ongoing chip glut drives large losses in the tech giant’s key business despite a supply cut."

Instead of dumping them on the Global smartphones they could power their mid-range devices. No way would I go back to the Exynos chip at this time. Hence the attraction of the Fold range which are all Qualcomm Snapdragon.

Upvote 0
For any of you that are sitting on the fence about whether to go with the Google Pixel Fold or the Samsung Fold5 or were waiting to see what the new OnePlus Open fold phone offers, we now know all about the first two but it looks as though you'll have to wait a little longer than the 29th August launch date. The reason for this that OnePlus has encountered issues with the Chinese, BOE, panels and is switching to Samsung panels. Quite a big decision this late in the game. For more info, see...

OnePlus Open launch delayed due to a change in screens

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I like the idea and I would try one if the pricing was better. It's basically the price of two phones, but what you are actually getting is one phone with an extra screen.
its more like you are getting a phone with an extra tablet. that fold out screen is no ordinary screen and is worth the extra price in my opinion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones