• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Z987 OTA 5.1 to Stock 4.4.4

BehemothHex

Jul 31, 2015
I recently went on vacation and received an OTA update for my ZTE Grand X Max+ Z987 and like me I didn't think much of it and installed the update not knowing that it would end up unrooting my device and not allow me to root my phone again because the update wasn't that old to have anyone make a root method can anyone give me advice on how to flash the stock ROM 4.4.4 and go back so I can have my device rooted again until they come out with a root method please help me![emoji29]
uploadfromtaptalk1442441138300.jpg

It is impossible currently to downgrade I have been trying to so the same my Z987 had to many issues with the update and as of last night I am waiting for a replacement due to I factory reset and it wouldn't validate my Google account could not do nothing with it after hours of talking with my carrier and google and ZTE my carrier has agreed to a warranty exchange
I recently went on vacation and received an OTA update for my ZTE Grand X Max+ Z987 and like me I didn't think much of it and installed the update not knowing that it would end up unrooting my device and not allow me to root my phone again because the update wasn't that old to have anyone make a root method can anyone give me advice on how to flash the stock ROM 4.4.4 and go back so I can have my device rooted again until they come out with a root method please help me![emoji29]
View attachment 93912

Upvote 0
It is impossible currently to downgrade I have been trying to so the same my Z987 had to many issues with the update and as of last night I am waiting for a replacement due to I factory reset and it wouldn't validate my Google account could not do nothing with it after hours of talking with my carrier and google and ZTE my carrier has agreed to a warranty exchange
After I factory reset my OTA 5.1 I had no problems Google validating my account(s) I tried multiple times with 3 different ones still having no problems I can't figure out why you are.. Sorry bro hope that replacement comes soon for you!! Still waiting on a root method for my z987 KingRoot v4.5.2 had problems with the most recent one rebooting my phone halfway through and corrupting the rooting process hope they come up with a new one soon I'm getting stir crazy I miss ROOT ACCESS :'( Lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones