zagg Invisible Shield (full body max, full body easy, screen)Accessories

Last Updated:

1. kennyyu

kennyyu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

edit: nevermind, I see it's the forum doing it.

3. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

I think Best Buy has the shields in stock on launch day. They will install it for you and cover it for life I believe.

4. odiej34

odiej34 Well-Known Member

With Gorilla Glass, I'll pass. With the Incredible I preordered and did not get untill it had been out almost 10 days. Good luck...

5. kennyyu

kennyyu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yea... I'd rather feel like i have some type of protection on my phone. gorilla glass is very resistant but can be scratched. If i have the invisible shield on it i can just swap out that if that gets scratched

6. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Screen protectors reduce fingerprint smudges by 80%. That's the primary reason I use them.

7. gibbga

gibbga Well-Known Member

FYI, I know it is extremely late notice, but I just saw on another website that Zagg is offering 50% off with code "facebook" just for today (Wed. July 7th). So, depending on what time zone they are in, you've got somewhere from 1 to 4 hours to order if you want in on it.

8. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

You can also opt-in for their iPad weekly giveaway and once you submit your email address, they'll send you a code between 30-50% off for future orders.

You can only submit one entry per day, PER IP ADDRESS, but I've managed to get two 50% off coupons this week.

9. Gskellig

Gskellig Well-Known Member

Got my 50% code for Zagg. Now should I spent my $12.50 on ONE Zagg Maximum coverage or TWO Stealthguard's?

I've heard Zagg's better quality, and their "maximum coverage" protects more, but they're hard to put on, so maybe I should just get Stealthguard's because they come with two incase you mess one up.

Decisions decisions... Anyone have advice on how hard these things are to put on? Any brand?

10. kramerica

kramerica Well-Known Member

I picked mine up from Best Buy last Thursday (the "Full Body Shield") and rec'd my phone today and put it on.

My biggest problem with the Zagg for the Droid X is the "Full Body Shield" which it is not. It covers the screen, half the ledge where the camera is and the bottom half where the mic and speakers are on the back, leaving the sides, bottom & top exposed. So much for "full body".

I blame myself for not realizing that full body did not mean full body. I am a BSE fan but hate having my phones unproctected. Normally use only a screen protector with a case, but since it will take Seidio a month to get a case out, there's not much out there worth using IMHO.

Anywho, off the rant and the Invisishield is pretty much the same old, same old which is to say overpriced (I bought it as I had a credit so it only cost me $5). Anywho, you really have to saturate the adhesive side to get it properly aligned. They serve the purpose for the time being.

I just helped no one.

11. jamesk84

jamesk84 Well-Known Member

I have an invisible shield that I picked up from BB. I am a big fan of the zagg products. As far as full body if you look at the sides of the X I think it would be a bit of a pain to get those on there and look good, on my ipad it was easy the sides are flat, the X has an indiation along the edge that would require 2 small strips and another to go around the raised hdmi and usb ports.

I think the way they designed this shield was well thought out.

12. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting on my damn screen protector (I never bought into the whole "fully body skin" hype). I love the X, but damn if this thing isn't a fingerprint magnet :D

13. Mr. Osato

Mr. Osato Member

I actually saw the full body and the front screen protector at my local best buy last friday.