• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zenithink ZT-180 1GHz 10" tablet

Hi, i want to sell my ZT 180. So i got me a buyer on ebay, tidied up the epad ie removing a lot of apps i had installed and then tried to take out my google sign in code but it wont let me do it. It tells me to go to Settings and then privacy and to reset the machine but it doesnt reset it . It starts up again with my sign in code there. I have even tried to open a new gmail account, put that in and try to remove my existing account but it wont do that.
Does anyone have any ideas ?
thanks
Stan

Upvote 0
WiFi instant disconnect issue - for Marcey1969

Just bought an Elonex 1000et (same as ZT-180) and had the same issue. I checked my router (its a BT Homehub 3) and it has a mode to support WPA1 and WPA2 at the same time. I changed that to be WPA1 only and that solved the disconnect problem straight away. I then also tried setting it to 802.11b/g mode but not N mode, not sure if that was necessary, but after this I got a very reliable connection. This is on Andriod 2.2 Froyo firmware, not sure if that has any effect.

Upvote 0
hi there

i bought the zt 180 in spain and it has crashed will not boot up stick on the android bit and will not get passed that bit.
i have sent email to the place that made them but no answer to my message so ith is my last chance to fix it if possiable.
dont no if i need a new image of the software or what but stuck i any can help

Upvote 0
Android is version of linux. It is a touch screen optimized user interface that is running on top of a version of linux that is compiled and optimized for the processors used in phones and tablets.

Hey, you seem to know a few bits about this.

That Penguin he talked about I have seen it on another Android Tab and if im not mistaken that Penguin is the Linux logo.
How is the tab using Linux as well as the Android OS?? doesn't make sense?

Could it be that a counter-fit version of the Android OS need's something else to support it and are using Linux as an open source OS??

Thanx

Upvote 0
I loaded ZT280_E7_1f_C71_Android2.3_1110_GO_V1.6\ZT280_E7_1f_C71_Android2.3_1110_GO_V1.6 > this is OS 2.2.3 >google<

I did create a folder zt-update and extracted the files to it.
took me awhile to find this fix many trys ,with zt-update not found. with black screen.
push the sound buttom to change boot modes.
Gps still doesn't work.

Insert a standard SD card into your computer&#8217;s media reader.
2. Download this file and save it to the root of the SD card, not in any folder.
3. Do not extract the contents of the ZIP file, leave it as a ZIP archive.
4. Do not rename the file. Do not allow your browser to change the name of the file. If necessary, change it back.
5. With the Tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up button (keep holding), then press and hold the power button at the same time.
6. Keep holding both buttons, the screen will read he Tablet first, and then the Android robot and software package icons will appear on the screen with a progress bar.
7. You may now release the buttons and allow the process to complete.
8. When done, the tablet load will reappear and the unit should then load normally.

Upvote 0
Hello all!

I have two ZT-180 ePads. I cannot flash either of them. These are running 2.2, but are the 256mb version. One is locked and will not go past the Android 'text' on boot.

Here is the problem. When I try to flash I cannot get the "green" light in the burntool software. I have the pad booted in the MMC update mode (held in the home button while turning it on). The software will not detect the device. It does not show in the windows device list.

Now if I boot the ePad normal, without entering the MMC update mode, the burntool WILL show a green light for device 10 like it should. However in this mode I cannot flash the ePad!

Seems like things are reversed. I've tried everything. I'm on a 32-bit computer, tried different usb ports, downloaded the burntool again, uninstalled and reinstalled the secbulk drivers.

What the heck is wrong? Both my ePads do this!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones