• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZT180 no "green" light on flash software in MMC mode?

geohacker

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
Hello all!

I have two ZT-180 ePads. I cannot flash either of them. These are running 2.2, but are the 256mb version. One is locked and will not go past the Android 'text' on boot.

Here is the problem. When I try to flash I cannot get the "green" light in the burntool software. I have the pad booted in the MMC update mode (held in the home button while turning it on). The software will not detect the device. It does not show in the windows device list.

Now if I boot the ePad "normal", without entering the MMC update mode, the burntool WILL show a green light for device 10 like it should. However in this mode I cannot flash the ePad!

Seems like things are reversed. I've tried everything. I'm on a 32-bit computer, tried different usb ports, downloaded the burntool again, uninstalled and reinstalled the secbulk drivers. From what I read the MMC update mode is what I need to have on the ePad/ZT180 but I cannot get a green light on the burntool with that mode!

What the heck is wrong? Both my ePads do this!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones