• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE n9510 "Warp" Display Issues

h7deaux

Lurker
Mar 14, 2014
Hello, I've been coming across the same issue on multiple n9510's-- periodically, the display will go black, or flicker or glitch out and become unresponsive. Many times I'll simply turn the device on and the initial screen will be a glitched out static mess but will eventually recover during the boot up process and display the correct output by the time it boots up. Things will go smoothly for a little while, then it will randomly go black-- and sometimes it will never come back.

My coworkers and I will extensively test these devices and they'll appear good and working to us so we'll sell them, but 100% of all our sold stock has come back within a month for display issues.

At this point, I'm chalking it up to sub-par components from the manufacturer, but maybe I'm overlooking something. Any chances that an update or a new rom/kernel will fix this? They're nice phones, and it's such a shame to see them come back for this issue so often. Anyone's 2 cents is greatly appreciated, even if you can just vouch for me that someone else in the world is having this problem as well. Thanks a bunch guys, and if I happen to find a solution I will definitely post it in this thread.

-->MANKAI'S-PERSONAL THOUGHTS ON THIS THREAD...
"WELL SOMEHOW, SOMEONE, SOMETIME SOON SHOULD MAYBE GET TOGETHER SOME FORM OF A FRIENDLY, LEGAL, INFORMATIVE, METHOD OF EXPLAINING TO- "AND NOT LIMITED TO"-"NOR INADVERTENTLY DIRECTED TOWARDS"-{ZTE}-OR-"ANY SUBSIDIARY ACTING FOR OR CLAIMING TO BE-""ZTE"""! (K.I.S.S.)= "I REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT SOMEWHERE WITHIN THE "BOOST WARP 4G LTE" "ZTE N9510" THERE IS SOME FORM OF PROGRAMMING, ASSEMBLY, OR CHARACTERISTIC FLAW THAT UNFORTUNATELY WILL BE THE FINAL DEMISE OF POSSIBLY RETRIEVING OR READING ANYTHING ON THIS N9510 PRODUCT DISPLAY SCREEN!"

Well, I am sure there are many ways to post, write, jot down the simple fact that as a loyal Boost Mobile Customer for over seven years, (business owner w/ multiple i.d.e.n. {chirp} phones for my employees), I hate to see this happen to such a great phone otherwise!?! Unfortunately, this is not a hit/miss situation! I personally had my first N9510 for less than two months before display began to malfunction. Eventually leading to a sort of "snow", like old style television sets would show when there was no signal. Only this snow is full color, however, once snowed in, display is gone for good...

Lucky me, where I purchased this product, I also purchased retailers "NO QUESTIONS ASKED, PHONE REPLACEMENT INSURANCE" which is a good deal for a solid year replacement no matter what for the price... unless, when product was replaced, just under two months ago, this brand new N9510 is just begun the black screen flash! Which, being the second phone I am going to have to replace here pretty soon... "AND NO I WILL NOT BE SUCKERED A THIRD TIME" due to not only replacing the phone, yet, replacing the cost for another device no questions asked replacement plan just does not seem fair that the retailer would stick me with a third obvious "LEMON" or whatever it is considered, of a phone... "AND IF RETAILER DOES... I WILL MAKE SURE TO POST WITHIN THIS THREAD A FOLLOW UP TO MAKE ALL AWARE!!!

In closing to this unfortunate guaranteed disaster of the "N9510", I also have three close acquaintances which also have gone threw this aggravating display disaster with said product... And yes all were the "Boost Warp 4G LTE"-"N9510" model android operating system phones... Trust in me, THIS IS NOT A COINCIDENCE!

First sign is the overheating factor, than the black screen flash, finally, THE SNOW!!!
Anyways, I am also going to attempt to defuse this problem threw "ZTE", "Boost Mobile" "Radio Shack" and finally, well, guessing that is all on the list!?! No matter what the outcome, I will follow up on this Thread and its postings and will also report a finished blog of who/when/and how difficult my resolution on this matter finalizes! In my opinion- and this is only an opinion-I feel ZTE should be the main resolve... however, what do I know... I'm just sayin!!!

Upvote 0
its actually the way the board is mounted in the phone nothing supports the usb connector in that general area so it bends and breaks the connection which is bull shit.. just to let u know... if u push the connector around alil u can get th.com display back but its just gonna get worse over time... now i gotta send this pos back to zte

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones