• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Unico LTE SD card apps shortcuts

psdnakita

Lurker
May 3, 2014
I got the ZTE Unico LTE about 3 weeks ago. it's been a great phone other then one little problem. when I had my Samsung proclaim if I installed apps on a SD card the shortcuts would stay on the home pages until when the phone is turned off and back on until the SD card loads just be blank and then load app picture when SD card loads. well with the ZTE phone when you turn off and back on the phone it clears all shortcuts of any apps that is installed on the SD card and I have a lot installed on SD card because I have a 32gb card so there is almost no point of making any shortcuts. is there any fix to this?

Welcome to the forum :)

Moving Apps to SD is no longer supported by Google, and according to the first website I looked at that phone should be running 4.1.2, which does not include this feature. So have ZTE added this back in to the software themselves (i.e. Settings > Apps still gives you a "move to SD" button), or if not how did you do this? Just want to know what software environment we have here, as that may help people spot a solution. It's very possible that the difference in behaviour is because this feature is not supported by the OS any more and has been patched back in some way in your phone.

I can think of one work-around which might work: install an app called Folder Organizer and as well as allowing you to create custom folders you can put a "folder organizer item link" on your desktop. This looks just like a normal shortcut, but as it's provided by that app rather than the OS I'm hoping that as long as you don't move Folder Organizer to SD that link will remain after a reboot. I should note that I can't test this because I don't have your problem, so this is just a bit of guesswork, but if the free version of that app has the feature you can just test it and see (install app, add a link to desktop, choose FO item link, select app, test whether it works).

Reactions: psdnakita
Upvote 0
Screenshot_2014-05-03-03-50-38.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Upvote 0
interesting. would suck having a system you couldn't move apps to SD card with some systems having 128mb to 2gb internet with so many apps out there. also very strange my system shouldn't have this move to sd card.guess i won't complain about my shortcuts to apps on sd card disappearing as soon as phone is turned off then back on if i shouldn't even have the setting to move to sd card lol. guess i'm just special haha

Upvote 0
Actually I did a little checking and that reminded me that this has happened on a lot of phones when moving apps to SD. The problem is probably the desktop being drawn before the sd card is read (that's why widgets don't work if you move their app to sd). I never put app icons on my desktop so wouldn't have seen this even when running 2.3.

I found one person suggest that using a different launcher might help, but have doubts about that myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones