• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Warp LTE -___- boost and zte has done it again

chevanlol360

Android Expert
Oct 28, 2011
new york
Lol i think they like releasing a new Warp each year, based on the pics its just looks like an upgraded original warp sporting an 8 megapixel camera and rocking 4g LTE. wonder whats next? "New ZTE Warp"or "ZTE Warp 4th Generation"?? lol well we just lost OTA support from boost and ZTE, they got quite the successor to the Sequent, not that i was expecting 4.2.2 anyway

Source

nice. gonna need a new section for the new warp mods. please and thank you :) i wanna see what kind of development can get done on it before i get my claws into it. hopefully alot of the force stuff should help since theyre both the same chipset and we will need the codename. im praying its a dana board or something we already know at least

Upvote 0
just looked at the specs on the warp 4g and it really looks nice...

Boost Warp 4G - ZTE USA

I'm pretty jealous... I wish we had this phone on Public Mobile...

You would really consider getting a another zte phone? Lol I'm done with zte. Early next year I'll settle down with some nice specs from the optimus F7

Upvote 0
id go for another zte. ive seen problems from all the brands. low end models are just gonna suck its a fact of life but hey zte is gonna be the best hardware to dollar ratio. the software sucks ill give ya that but the hardware blows anything else in its price range away

closest thing im aware of to the warp 4g on boost is the htc one sv which is still $279 after being out for months the warp 4g was released less than 24 hours ago and it costs $199

Upvote 0
ok i guess with the optimus on sale for $240 its almost worth it but it would depend on whether they have a locked bootloader for me. no cwm or custom roms no deal. i can make a zte run whatever i want to a certain extent, lg is questionable

Yeah ik, lg has been known to lock up their bootloaders but I'll do some googling when I get home later.

Upvote 0
Quick info off the forums. It has cwm in testing, alpha stages. Has root/unroot and back to stock with LGS tool. That's the start. Good enough for me to be honest. And a good hope of it getting 4.2 since it and the sg3 are the main flagship phones.
The downer part for me is the ui. I like pure stock but LGS UI seems pretty smooth but certainly heavy useless shit that I can take out as long as I have root and cwm.

Reactions: Slayer72
Upvote 0
Yeah ik, lg has been known to lock up their bootloaders but I'll do some googling when I get home later.

yea just be weary and know what youre looking for. it does look like a good phone for the money but if i cant hack it i dont want it. this new zte should be simple to get up and running with cwm and cm. the cm will have its flaws but it should be relatively usable within the first month

Upvote 0
You would really consider getting a another zte phone? Lol I'm done with zte. Early next year I'll settle down with some nice specs from the optimus F7

You know I borderline hate the sequent... I switched back to my N860 as my daily driver but the new warp 4g actually looks like they tried... I don't like the sequent because it has more features than the N860 but it is not as good quality.. Unless I got a dud, I think the N861 is a piece of crap with a front facing camera.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones