• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZV6 Stock_Rooted_Updated

First off, I will confirm that the radio for FM isnt working for me either.
I just uninstalled next radio till there is a fix.
Maybe soon? Lol

You made it very difficult on yourself, ypu should of tried to reinstall the update first.
Then if it wasnt working still you should of redownloaded with firefox.
Then reinstalled again, my wifi works perfectly. I didnt change anything.

i tried the update few times. before resorting to this method, but the phone felt bloated and slow before the update, so factory reset sped some things up.

Upvote 0
Were you still intending on posting an updated zip without the modifications to system apps? One that can be reverted back to stock. Also I noticed i cant use "update prl" or the "update profile" on this. Does that have to do with something removed on your behalf or the flashing over zv5?
You could also update the PRL by turning off your phone then turning it back on in the new area.
I think airplane mode helps as well.

This is just for a temporary fix, fyi.

Upvote 0
Aside from the update prl and profile and software everything else works fine. I generally would do a clean flash but after reading that you and so many others had issues I wasn't willing to go that route until I know whether or not these functions work on this "updated" zv6 rom.
When you said you had to reflash the update zip were u referring to the one in this thread or the official update pulled from OTA?
You could also update the PRL by turning off your phone then turning it back on in the new area.
I think airplane mode helps as well.

This is just for a temporary fix, fyi.

Upvote 0
If it says you're still on zv5, more than likely the update didn't succeed. Did you get any error messages while flashing?
Yep. Now confirmed that the update failed. I took the update file from my wife's Volt. Updated via TWRP. I get the error message:
Verifying current system...
"/system/app/LGWeather.odex" has unexpected contents.
E: Error executing updater binary in zip 'external_SD/update.zip'

I was running a stock ZV5 deodex rom downloaded from here. I had removed nothing, and certainly not the LGWeather app.

Any ideas ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aside from the update prl and profile and software everything else works fine. I generally would do a clean flash but after reading that you and so many others had issues I wasn't willing to go that route until I know whether or not these functions work on this "updated" zv6 rom.
When you said you had to reflash the update zip were u referring to the one in this thread or the official update pulled from OTA?
I redownloaded and reglashed from this thread.
I ended up with a faulty download.
(First download attemp was on my phone, i flashed and had the booting to twrp problem. The second time i downloaded from my pc using firefox then passed the rom to my sd card so i could install it on my phone.
That was what fixed ALL my problems)

Upvote 0
Wanted to say thanks for the ZV6 rom and ask if you were still thinking about a stock version? I have 2 volts and keep one as a backup/insurance phone. No cost to switch between them on boost online. Any way I updated one with the modded ZV6 radio and ZV6 rom which has alleviated the nag from boost, but like some others, the fm radio hardware has now failed. If not thanks for all you've done to this point.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: mjhealy1978
Upvote 0
Just recently did the zv6 rom and wanted to say thank you kwknott for your hard work. Like some of the others that are having the issue the fm radio hardware is broken for me as well, but i also noticed in my kernel tuner i can up the cpu to 1593 mhz instead of just the 1193 mhz it was before. I'm not sure if it's actually overclocking but i have never used a custom rom only stock rooted roms. So i guess my question is, can i leave it at 1593 mhz because every little bit helps when it comes to this phone or should i leave it at 1190 mhz? Thanks again for all the help.

Upvote 0
Just recently did the zv6 rom and wanted to say thank you kwknott for your hard work. Like some of the others that are having the issue the fm radio hardware is broken for me as well, but i also noticed in my kernel tuner i can up the cpu to 1593 mhz instead of just the 1193 mhz it was before. I'm not sure if it's actually overclocking but i have never used a custom rom only stock rooted roms. So i guess my question is, can i leave it at 1593 mhz because every little bit helps when it comes to this phone or should i leave it at 1190 mhz? Thanks again for all the help.
Leaving it there wont hurt anything but its not actually gonna run at 1.6. The snapdragon 400 chip cant be overclocked. No matter what you do it always peaks out at 1.19 mhz.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones