• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1st Gen] Flash Fully Wiped Kindle Fire

My Googlefu must not be very strong or something, since I've tried to find a solution to my problem but nothing seems to be exactly what I need.

I have a first gen Kindle Fire that I acquired from my cousin's fiancee, and it's been fully wiped with TWRP. Both caches, system, sdcard, everything. It was running CM 10.2 before it was wiped, and I'm not really sure where to go from here. I followed this guide and everything worked fine, but my problem is the Kindle isn't recognized for long enough to get anything done. It shows up in the Device Manager for maybe one solid second, and then it disappears. I've clicked fast enough to get the Hardware ID and stuff for that guide, but I can't get it to stay. It said it installed the drivers correctly and everything but when I plug it in, it still disappears. ADB says no device found. I've tried other USB ports and everything, and I'm not really sure what I can do. It still has TWRP on it, but I don't know how to transfer a ROM to it so I can flash (I'm looking to go back to stock firmware.) Any ideas would be a big help. I have the Android SDK Tools installed and a copy of the Kindle Fire Utility as well.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones