• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 at sprint store

It's not all bad. In fact, I'm actually liking it. Extra widgets in Sense, fun little weather animations on your homescreen, updated market, better battery info, better settings menu....that's just a few things I am liking. I know I've said it before, but I will say it again to you Papoise, Root your phone, then install a non-official 2.1. Worst case, you don't like and you can revert back to 1.5. Best case, you love 2.1 and you have root access on your phone. Either way, you win.

Upvote 0
I'm still torn about upgrading to 2.1 as well. I could live with laggy keyboard, BT and other "minor" issues. My biggest concern is the problem some people report with dialing and recieving calls. For me, this is primarily a phone and if basic phone functions are problematic, then it is a huge problem for me.

As for rooting, I've read the tutorial over several times, but still not sure I can take that leap. There are still some gray areas in the process I do not understand enough to try it. (Okay, I am cautious, but don't want to brick my phone.) I plan to read more and might take the step to root, but need some more questions answered. I plan to ask those in the rooting threads.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones