• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Gallery fix, is one coming?

F150FAN

Mar 30, 2010
IL
I recently came across the info that Cool Iris Media is the developer of the Gallery app on the Nexus and Droid. I also learned that the Droid is uses 24 bit technology while the Nexus uses 16 bit technology. This is where the problems come for viewing things in the Gallery with less quality than the previous version on 2.0.1. This may be the problem as to why the framerate has dropped significantly since the 2.1 OTA. I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix, or of a fix coming in the future about this problem. It has caused certain apps to be very difficult to use with all the frames dropping. I have emailed Cool Iris Media and asked them if anything was being done to help rectify the problem. I will post the response when I get it.

I just received this response from Cool Iris.

Hi there!

Thanks for your email.

We are aware of this issue, and are looking into ways to solve it.

The reason for the issue in the first place was that 16 bit was used for performance reasons. We are working with Google to resolve this issue, and will be sure to let you know when we have a reasonable solution.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Jeff & the Cooliris Team

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones