• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Update Problem SEMC Error

supr

Lurker
Mar 12, 2011
I was trying to update my New X10 mini to 2.1 Android.

And I have been using both PC Companion and SEUS both of them has given the same error.

As per the instruction I shut down the phone and while pressing the back key connected the USB. Then it tries to install the drivesr for SEMC USB Flash and giving me the following message.

"Windows found a device driver for your device, but encountered a problem while installing" ."The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or becacuse it has no device associated with it"

I am having Vista Home Premium in my PC

I have been wasting a almost a day.... now..
Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot rosered!!! :)

I managed to solve the problem with XP. And I went through the following steps.
(There was a small trick with this USB Debugging thing)

1.) Download the latest PC Companion under from SE under "X10 - Mini" Support.

2.) Connect the USB, PC companion identifies the phone.

3.) Disconnect the phone, and enabled USB debugging under "Development".

4.) Connect the phone again, this time I noted that it installed a special driver called "sa0101ADB".

Just after that I followed the instructions in the PC Companion, and this time when I connect the phone while pressing the back key, it did detect and installed the SEMC USB flash driver.

Now I am having Android 2.1 without any issue. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones