• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 3000 mah Chinese battery review

Ebay 3000 Mah Chinese Batteries, Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 113 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Same as stock

Votes: 17 11.1%

• Total voters
one beast im using your battery calibration idea. the big difference to between it and the way i used to try is wiping battery stats and its making a difference. Initially it would drop to 83, then after the 2nd try down to 87. As I kept doing it, it really crept up slowly...3rd try 88, then 89, then 90, and so on. I'm going to keep at it

Upvote 0
I sure hope they fix the charging bug.

I'm at 6:30 awake time today with 39% left right now. I streamed a full movie today and did some downloading and web surfing/posting on here. Its great to actually be able to use this great phone like it should be used and not have to worry about the battery dying.
for the life of me i do not understand how htc let this slide!, you should not have to do backflips to charge your phone . i thought this was figured out 60 yrs ago, i used to race rc cars as a kid and we had trickle chargers that would get you to 100% and keep you there! we also had computer matched cells that discharge at the same rate so power curve was always steady.
if phone mfg. are going to continue to build bigger,stronger,faster phones they have to develop a new power source or all this is going to come to a screaching halt! anyone lining up to buy a dell streak?

Upvote 0
for the life of me i do not understand how htc let this slide!, you should not have to do backflips to charge your phone . i thought this was figured out 60 yrs ago, i used to race rc cars as a kid and we had trickle chargers that would get you to 100% and keep you there! we also had computer matched cells that discharge at the same rate so power curve was always steady.
if phone mfg. are going to continue to build bigger,stronger,faster phones they have to develop a new power source or all this is going to come to a screaching halt! anyone lining up to buy a dell streak?

From what I have read lithium batteries can't be trickle charged but why would they make it so that you can only use the stock battery or it won't charge fully?

Upvote 0
So far it seems pretty good. But I'm not sure if its any different from the ebay ones. I plan on sending to batteryboss to compare. Id wait for the results to decide. As for the dock, I'm not sure but my guess is it would not fit well and may even bend the usb port.

I might get an ebay battery to compare myself.
Oh yeah I charged the battery in the phone while I slept in OFF from 0% and it seems to have charged much better than while ON. Have yet to see if it will do as well as external charging.

thanks
i decide to buy one too, quite confident after your report and visiting their official website, it seems professional ;)

Upvote 0
I don't know about that, but my 2nd day was already beginning to be better. I'm now running at 15hrs 47min and 53 seconds. It's at 7% right now, but I've been using this much more than my stock batteries.

Android System = 29%
Cell Standby = 27%
Phone Idle = 19%
Display = 9%
World Series of Poker: Hold 'Em = 8%
Bluetooth = 6%
Mediaserver = 2%

This is the 2nd day and it's around 3 folds better than yesterday, using the 2nd 3000 mAh. Will be changing the 1st one once this phone shuts down. :)

Upvote 0
I think we need a poll to see who thinks it's worth it, and who thinks it's just a oversize 1500mah, with 3000mah sticker slapped on it.

I need to know because I'm debating if I should buy this or not and from which ebay vendor. It seems some people got lucky and others saying it's no better then the stock battery.
agree!

I'm still waiting on mine. Tomorrow is day 10. We are going on an overnight fishing trip tomorrow and I was hoping to have these. Oh well.

Upvote 0
I think we need a poll to see who thinks it's worth it, and who thinks it's just a oversize 1500mah, with 3000mah sticker slapped on it.

I need to know because I'm debating if I should buy this or not and from which ebay vendor. It seems some people got lucky and others saying it's no better then the stock battery.
Either way, you get 3500mah battery for 11bucks. I would say its worth it.

Upvote 0
I ordered from the link the thread starter provided and I just received my battery yesterday. I had it plugged in over night (about 12hrs in the phone). I woke up this morning and thought i'd stream music on my way to work (about 20 min). I was dissapointed to see my full charge was gone after 15 min. I don't have a percentage but it's no longer fully green. I'm going to push this thing to see how much battery life i can get out of it.

a few questions:
Does it need a couple of chargers to get max capacity?

Do i need to charge it on an external charger and not in my phone?

Do i need to calibrate the battery in my phone and if so how do i do this?

Upvote 0
I ordered from the link the thread starter provided and I just received my battery yesterday. I had it plugged in over night (about 12hrs in the phone). I woke up this morning and thought i'd stream music on my way to work (about 20 min). I was dissapointed to see my full charge was gone after 15 min. I don't have a percentage but it's no longer fully green. I'm going to push this thing to see how much battery life i can get out of it.

a few questions:
Does it need a couple of chargers to get max capacity?

Do i need to charge it on an external charger and not in my phone?

Do i need to calibrate the battery in my phone and if so how do i do this?

Check out page four. I'm at 8 hours uptime with some pandora streaming and I'm at 86%

Download "Battery Widget"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones