• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3D gallery and picasa upload fail...

KAuss

Jun 18, 2010
Was it meant to fail? Each time I try to upload a pic it tells me to enter an account or make a new one, it jumps from the caption enter page to the new account setup screen...

The regular gallery app is limited to flickr which I don't use, I don't use Picasa either but keeping all else google at least makes it easier to integrate later on... I don't use facebook either... Heaven would be imageshack for me, so what does one do in this dilly of a pickle?

Yeah I did, it keeps going back to it... I have my main and also setup one especially for 3D gallery...

Ofcouse I use the EVO and it wasn't on the EVO to start so I got the XDA dump...

Posted this in EVO forum because it clearly works on the DroidX and such... However, mods feel it's more general sigh...

Upvote 0
It's working fine on my Evo, so we know it shouldn't be a bug related to it coming from XDA. I'm trying to remember, as it's been a few days since I set mine up, and before that I used a version straight from the Desire (I think).

However, I think I initially had a problem similar to what you described. At first, I think I keyed in my password or user name wrong. Later, when I tried to create a new folder, I found out that I didn't have a valid connection to the internet as I was using a hotel WiFi connection so it kept kicking me back out with an error.

Upvote 0
I was home on my own WiFi which has never had any issues... The thing is, my phone have had a gmail on it since it turned on, and it should by default let me pick that email account to upload the pics to, but it just jumps to the setup new account screen and it happens after it flashes the caption entry screen...

If yours is working, is there a working link you can provide maybe I'll try that dump?

Upvote 0
I was home on my own WiFi which has never had any issues... The thing is, my phone have had a gmail on it since it turned on, and it should by default let me pick that email account to upload the pics to, but it just jumps to the setup new account screen and it happens after it flashes the caption entry screen...
That's what I suspected, I figured you already had an account.

If yours is working, is there a working link you can provide maybe I'll try that dump?
If you still need another download, I've placed the two versions I have downloaded here:

www.misbehavin-rc.com - /misc/browse/

Hopefully one of them will work for you.

Upvote 0
You know what, out of nowhere the phone put up notifications telling me gallery is now asking for permission to access my two gmail accounts. It took it almost 3 days to do so... However the gallery now works fully for uploading. So I have no idea why it took this long and why it never detected my default gmail account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones