• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G and Voice service

mcrow

Mar 3, 2011
MN
While I'm still getting used to the Optimus V, I'm finding that the 3g data is a major drain on battery life.

So, i was thinking of turning it off. Now my understanding is that voice and 3g data are totally different things. You can turn one off and the other will still work.

I just want to confirm that if I turn off the 3g that it won't affect recieving or making calls.

While I'm still getting used to the Optimus V, I'm finding that the 3g data is a major drain on battery life.

So, i was thinking of turning it off. Now my understanding is that voice and 3g data are totally different things. You can turn one off and the other will still work.

I just want to confirm that if I turn off the 3g that it won't affect recieving or making calls.

That is correct...you can use an app like Mangelow Network, or just uncheck Mobile Data Enabled In Settings/Wireless & Networks. Battery saver apps like Juice Defender and others can manage this for you, if desired.

Reactions: mcrow
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones