• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 3G not working after IMEI switch

gemiar

Lurker
Dec 14, 2011
Hello all,

I am having problems with my HTC Evo 4G. I rooted it back in September of 2011 and am running CM7.1; everything has been going great.

Over the weekend my phone was dropped in the pool. Needless to say, it stopped working. I took the battery out and let it 'dry out' for two days. While my evo was not working I got and old school flipper phone that my father-in-law had and did an IMEI switch through Spring using the MEID DEC number on the back of the evo. I used the old phone for a couple of days.

Yesterday my evo charged up and booted fine; no problems at all. I called Sprint back and did the IMEI switch back to my Evo. Calls, texts, wi-fi, etc. work great. Only problem is that my 3G is not working. I have tried rebooting and called sprint back and they 'refreshed' my phone as well. They said they took the data off my plan while I was using the flip phone, but re-instated it now that I am back on my evo. Still, 3G is not working.

I am guessing that maybe since I have CM7.1 running when they did the switch / refresh that may be the problem, but have no idea how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I suppose it could also be from dropping it in the water, but everything else works perfectly like it never happened.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones