• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3rd Party SMS Help

Hi everyone,

Im from the Philippines & i just bought my Lenovo s890 last month June.
I had a samsung galaxy Y & i installed HANDCENT 3rd party sms & going smoothly. But when i installed it to my Lenovo s890, im receiving double notifications.
I read & tried all posts here in a rd party sms but doesnt work.
Can someone help me on how to do this, if its possible step-by-step.

Thanks!

Lenovo_kisS890

I cant help step by step because i dont know the phone sorry :(
But on the phones sms app (not handcent) is there anything in its settings to turn off notifications?

If not go to Application Manager in the phone settings, tap ALL at the top. Find the phones sms app and uncheck the box that says "show notifications".
Let me know if those dont work :thumbup:

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
I cant help step by step because i dont know the phone sorry :(
But on the phones sms app (not handcent) is there anything in its settings to turn off notifications?

If not go to Application Manager in the phone settings, tap ALL at the top. Find the phones sms app and uncheck the box that says "show notifications".
Let me know if those dont work :thumbup:

Oh dear! I explored my Lenovo phone for so many times but theres no box or any option to uncheck the notification :( Also on the APPLICATION SETTINGS under the default messaging NO BOX OR OPTION to uncheck the default messaging.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones