• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G Towers and Reception

sonicbluemustang

Android Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2010
They recently updated the sensorly map in my area and I was amazed how accurate it is. I will post the link below shortly.
http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint
I want to understand more about the towers equipment. It seems that the drums that are installed are directional so they don't radiate in all direction. Here is a picture of one of the towers I describe.
Edit; Ok so it seems that on this side of this tower is the 4g drum so when I get to the other side where the smaller drums are it drops to 3g. Which moron is incharge of upgrades is beyond me. Now to add to this they had 4g on a seperate tower going two different directions, but now that has changed and it is only in one direction off that tower. ?Did they use the parts off one to add to another.?. who knows. Yes the map actually reflects the change so I'm baffled as to the logic.

I have some other pics I will post later.

Attachments

• IMG_20130727_150235.jpg
    IMG_20130727_150235.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 85
They recently updated the sensorly map in my area and I was amazed how accurate it is. I will post the link below shortly.
I want to understand more about the towers equipment. It seems that the drums that are installed are directional so they don't radiate in all direction. Here is a picture of one of the towers I describe.

I have some other pica I will post later.
it is possible this would get better response in the Boost Mobile carrier section, as then others on boost not just on the zte could look it over.

If you like I will move it for you.:)

Upvote 0
I got lucky. I got the phone a week or 2 after it came out. I had 4g when I walked out of the store with it. Within a week I had 4g at home. I live out in the country so my speeds are ridiculously fast. In town at work they are average. I get full speed with tethering.

I noticed that too, in town they were only 4-5mbs but they were up one day then down the next.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones