• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 596 Now available thru TBH app

All right I have it downloaded, just waiting to see the final instructions. It sounds like I can just flash this over the top of .595, but have not seen any confirmation if I need to wipe anything at all before.

Thinking about making a back-up and just trying it.......

Their is two versions. A two part version to be flashed over top of. 340 and a single part version to be flashed over. 595.You do not have to whipe if you are installing over. 595.

Upvote 0
Flashed this over 595. Still have root. I do not see anything different so far. It does feel a bit more fluid from home screen to home screen but that could just be me. I was hoping they would include the new bookmarks widget that's on the Droid X2 but sadly they did not. For those that care about quadrant, I am seeing no difference in scores.

Upvote 0
The bug where the camera settings would revert back to stock has now been fixed. It does not switch back to widescreen after exiting the camera app it stays on your last selection.

Edit: So far it seems to be holding until I reboot. It is holding even if I force close the app. Sorry for jumping the gun.

Upvote 0
I just checked and it is right under the DroidX2 Wallpapers in the TBH app. No problems with the flash. Not seeing too much. I noticed in the flash it said installing Kernel, so I am not sure if we got a new one or not, the one on this is:
2.6.32.9-g34b306d

Not seeing anything huge with this. It may be running a little faster and smother than .595, but that would be it.

Not that I am going to complain because Gingerbread overall is such an improvement over Froyo.

Upvote 0
Well at least I don't have to reset it if I use the camera more than once between reboots. Guess I just won't ever reboot. :p
Very much doubt that's the case. During the leaks, the camera reset itself to widescreen without rebooting. Sometimes it wasn't right away. Maybe when the system cleared the camera out of memory.

If the setting isn't sticking on .596, then I'm sure it's the same way. It'll happen much more frequently than just on reboots.

Thanks Motorola for not fixing this simple and major issue.

Upvote 0
The bug where the camera settings would revert back to stock has now been fixed. It does not switch back to widescreen after exiting the camera app it stays on your last selection.
You are wrong.

Confirmed that this is NOT fixed at all.

I force closed the camera app and it goes back to WS.

As soon as Android clears it from memory, it'll go back to WS.

Huge bug. How did they not fix this!?

Upvote 0
You are wrong.

because this is the first official build?...all the other builds were leaks that were never intended to see the light of day...there was no support for the previous builds to collect errors...i agree its a pretty big thing to let slip through...but there are always bugs that get through...

Upvote 0
You are wrong.

SO FAR it holds for me as long as I don't reboot. Just because its not holding for you doesn't mean its not holding for me. I forced close the app as you said and its still holding at 8 MP. SO FAR its holding for me as long as I don't reboot. Either way as a guide you should be a little less hostile in your posts. You know, set the example and all that. I edited the first post i made about the camera bug to be more accurate with my 596 experiance so far.

Upvote 0
SO FAR it holds for me as long as I don't reboot. Just because its not holding for you doesn't mean its not holding for me. I forced close the app as you said and its still holding at 8 MP.So far its holding for me as long as I don't reboot. Either way as a guide you should be a little less hostile in your posts. You know, set the example and all that. I edited the first post i made about the camera bug to be more accurate with my 596 experiance so far.

if i force close mine it resets as well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones