1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

.602 with GingerBreak? Is GBreak even alive still?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RDKamikaze, Sep 2, 2011.

1. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze Android Enthusiast

Howdy! I'm working on a friend's Droid X and I apologize but I couldn't find an answer within my limited searching.

Does GingerBreak still work on OTA GB X's? I've got a friend who's on 4.5.602 and before I try softrooting I wanted to make sure all is well. I'm more of a hands-on guy, but if GingerBreak is still working on a stock X and it doesn't require wiping (which she is opposed to) then I'll give it a shot! :)

Thanks for the help so far!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Gingerbreak does not work. Use this new method:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...-tbh-files-one-click-method-now-included.html

scary alien likes this.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Thanks, bouchigo!

I've also updated the Moto Droid X Root Guide with this link, too, so that other's should be able to find it easier.

Cheers!

bouchigo likes this.
  4. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Cool, that's a good thing to have in the stickies :D

5. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

lol was Gingerbreak even ever alive to begin with?

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

I think it will root a 2.2/Froyo Droid X as well as GB for several phones other than the Droid X.

No one ever figured-out the memory offsets needed for Gingerbreak to work on the Droid X (feel free to look at the C source code for this--it'll scramble your brain; I know it did mine ;)).

Cheers!

7. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

no thanks i'll pass. I sufficiently fried my brain this weekend trying to get everything set up to possibly start learning how to do my own theming.

8. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the info, the phone's now rooted happily :) Now I just need to figure out the GB wifi tether issue on these X's... can anyone point me in the right direction? The wifi tether app doesn't work it looks like :(

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews