• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The previous replies are wrong.

You can change phones and remain grandfathered in with the $25/mo. plan

I have done it twice.
I started with a Samsung Intercept, upgraded to a Motorola Triumph and, just a few weeks ago, upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S2 4G.

My monthly cost is still $25 plus sales tax.

On you account page, there is a link to "swap phones". Just click on it and follow directions.

Upvote 0

I have done it twice.
I started with a Samsung Intercept, upgraded to a Motorola Triumph and, just a few weeks ago, upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S2 4G.

On you account page, there is a link to "swap phones". Just click on it and follow directions.

I changed from the Optimus V to a Galaxy S2 and my cost went up to $35/month. I would check your next payment and see if they took an extra $10 from you.

Upvote 0

I have done it twice.

Did you buy a used S2?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones