• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A bit of help with If and Else actions for battery saving

ed57ve

Lurker
Mar 21, 2013
Hi i am trying to make a battery saving profile,but i cant get it to work correctly,to see if anyone can lend me a hand please.

i am using the if and else actions to react when display is on or off, When the display is off,but the task keep doing all the actions in the task

Here goes the profile and tasks:

Profile: Location
Context: Cell Near

Task: DataHome
1) If %SCREEN On
2) Wifi On
3) Mobile Data Off
4) Else If %SCREEN Off
5) Wait 2 mins
6) Wifi Off
7) Wait 3 min
8) Wifi On
9) Wait 1min
10) Wifi Off
11) Goto to action 7

i dont know what i am doing wrong,so if anyone can help me i am going to be very grateful!

PS sorry for any bad grammar in advance,english is not my home language

As it is written, the profile will fire once when you enter the area near selected tower. At that point it will exit one or the other pieces depending on whether screen is off or on at that particular point in time. Profile will not execute again on subsequent change in screen state... it will only execute again at the time you exit and re-enter the area.

That's not a very logical sequence. See if you can reformulate it. If you can't, then post back with a more specific description of what you're trying to do... I'm not sure I understand your objective

Upvote 0
the idea is that the task should be my battery saving profile near home making periodic data check when screen is off,and keep wifi on when the screen is on

my issue is that the whole task keep repeating,but thanks for the feedback i think i am gonna add some extra task and profile to get the stuff done

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones