• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A Couple of Strange CM7 Issues

Scotlac

Jun 4, 2010
Hi guys,

I've got a couple of strange things going on with CM7 and I was wondering if anyone had any input.

First of all, every time I flash something it stalls out on the white HTC Evo screen after I reboot. I have to pull the battery and then reboot a second time. It's fine after that so it's not really that big of a deal. It's just kind of a pain to have to pull the battery after every flash.

The second issue has to do with making a nandroid of CM7. I've tried to do it twice but both times the backup has been corrupted. I've got nandroids of MikG and Xplod that both work fine but for some reason CM7 just doesn't want to cooperate. I can't remember the exact error message that I receive when trying to restore but it has been the same on both attempts.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

You might want to start over fresh, give this guide a try.

[GUIDE||Nov/19]Best AOSP(CM7|Decks|MIUI) configuration. - xda-developers

Works great and I have not had any problems with my install of CM7. Good Luck!

FLASHING
Make sure everything you need is backed up already
1. Boot into recovery
2. Nandroid Backup your current rom[Optional]
3. Flash Format all zip[2x if you would like]
P.S. Format all doesn't wipe sd-ext. Do that through recovery wipe options
4. Flash rom
5. Flash kernel
6. Flash Gapps, ViperMod Script, GPS Fix, and Titanium backup if you have it[No particular order for these]
7. Reboot

Make sure you use the GAPPS file posted here if you want the voicemail that comes on the stock EVO.

http://dev-host.org/2tzr18jpflfx/gapps-08222011-vm.zip

Reactions: ocnbrze and Scotlac
Upvote 0
Hmmm thats odd, what version of RA is it. Also you may want to try redownloading the recovery or use a different version. Another thing that you might want to try is using a different recovery such as TeamWin and see if the problem still happens.

EDIT: just thought of this how much space do you have on your SD card? Do you have at least one GB?

Upvote 0
urge i think you are on the right track. that was what i was going to ask about the space on the card and making nandroids. nandroids are huge so if you have a lot of stuff on your card including nandroids you may need to remove them.

and weird on your issue of the splash screen. what were you flashing. some roms can take a while to boot up.

Upvote 0
urge i think you are on the right track. that was what i was going to ask about the space on the card and making nandroids. nandroids are huge so if you have a lot of stuff on your card including nandroids you may need to remove them.

and weird on your issue of the splash screen. what were you flashing. some roms can take a while to boot up.

:D

Yeah I had that issue one time, couldn't figure out what was wrong, then I realized I only had like 90mb on card open.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones