• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A debate of Android VS iPhone

You gotta remember though. Android Jellybean did away with support for micro SD card expansion. Its highly unlikely that you will see it anytime time soon in a new Android update too as Google is trying to build up their cloud service. So on the topic of SD card expansion, neither side wins. Both Android 4.3 Jellybean and iOS7 lack official support for the feature.

Upvote 0
Ohh, I see. I thought that it was taken out of source. I mean why else would they keep making nexus devices without the feature. I know some companies will add the feature in and rewrite the source for it to work (galaxy s4) while others won't (HTC one, Moto X, etc). It cost more money to add the feature which is why you'll notice how most devices shipping with 4.2+ don't have the support for it but will offer 50gb of google drive space

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones