• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A Few problems (Metro)

Demoquin

May 15, 2011
I have had my phone since last April. I have rooted it, and installed CM7. Lately my phone will keep restarting for no apparent reason. Also, I seem to be getting no service as well in places i should be. Once i get the icon "international data roaming", i will move to an area that would get service and still nothing. I have to manual restart the phone to get rid of the data roaming thing.

I have factory reset the phone and that still hasnt fixed this problem.

In short

Phone keeps reseting periodically
No coverage unless i restart phone

Any ideas?

You might just have too much going on and are experiencing low memory problems... The Ascend can't handle very much at once. I usually avoid widgets and apps that are regularly refreshing, that tends to slow down the phone more than anything else. Also, if you have a lot of texts, you might try deleting them, at least the ones you don't need. If that doesn't help, post back here and I'm sure someone can come up with another solution.

Upvote 0
I have had my phone since last April. I have rooted it, and installed CM7. Lately my phone will keep restarting for no apparent reason. Also, I seem to be getting no service as well in places i should be. Once i get the icon "international data roaming", i will move to an area that would get service and still nothing. I have to manual restart the phone to get rid of the data roaming thing.

I have factory reset the phone and that still hasnt fixed this problem.

In short

Phone keeps reseting periodically
No coverage unless i restart phone

Any ideas?

1) What are your CPU/GOVERNOR settings?
2) Which version of CM7 are you running?

Upvote 0
^ Yeah. What he said. Only other thing I could think of is you just have a lazy ascend...

Angry birds is the only one of those apps I've ever had problems with. And that was just poor graphics and serious lag due to no gpu...

^^^Yeppers,the ASCEND definitely isn't known for its gaming abilities,but,some simple,less graphic intense games are definitely in order.
Just wanted to add a couple more suggestions to maximize performance w/the ASCEND.

1) Get the best SD CARD that you're willing to spend money on.
Regardless of storage capacity(16GB max for the ASCEND),get at least a CLASS 6 or better yet,a CLASS 10.
Some have a favorite brand,but,just go w/something you've heard of & you should be good to go.(SANDISK or PNY are my recommendations).

2) Try out the script V-6 SUPERCHARGER.See the thread on the subject here in the ASCEND FORUM,by SCUR,for flawless installation instructions & information on what this kickass script will do for your phone.

Reactions: Can0dope
Upvote 0
I have the cpu set to 245 min and 600 max

Version CM7 - Ascend - 04162011

Check out CM7 09132011 (Latest update)

Not sure how high the max CPU is in the version you're running,but,if it's higher than 600,I'd try to gradually increase the max setting to optimize performance.
The 245 low setting is what most use & is recommended,unless you're having performance issues,then,bump it up to the next higher setting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones