• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few questions from a newbie

uwoodz

Lurker
Feb 28, 2010
I just got my Droid Eris on Friday so I'm still trying to figure this thing out.

-Is there any way to set Gmail so that it doesn't push as often? I use that as my primary email account so it seems like my phone is constantly notifying me. I want the option to check Gmail without having to worry about my battery dying b/c of constant notifications.

-I've been looking around and I noticed some of you have Twitter as a full screen widget. How can I add that? I've tried peep and tweetcaster but I don't really like either of them.

-This may sound like a dumb question, but what's the best/easy way to make outgoing calls? I find it to be a PITA to find my contacts when trying to make a call.

-On that same token is there a better app for texting?

-How do I delete an app that I've installed?

Sorry about all the questions but I had a Dare before so the world of Droid is totally different for me. Any suggestions you have are very much appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones