• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A wallpaper idea I would like to try...

eghill1125

Mar 2, 2010
I have an idea I would like to try for my wallpaper on the Droid Eris, but I am not having any luck implementing it. Here is what I would like to try to come up with...

Droid Eris is 640X480 I believe. I use 5 screens and leave the bottom grid open of any icons and widgets. The grids are 4X4, so all of my widgets are 4X3 or smaller to leave an empty row on the bottom for my swiping from side to side...

The idea I am trying to figure out is a background like the following drawing:

Far left screen:
Black background with a couple of ribbons of gold and dark red randomly placed
Pirate logo on bottom empty grid

Middle Left screen:
Penn State Blue background with a couple of white ribbons randomly placed
Penn State lion drawn logo on bottom empty grid

Home screen:
Black background with with a couple of gold ribbons randomly placed
Steelers logo or helmet on bottom empty grid

Middle right screen:
Pitt colored blue background with a couple of team colored ribbons randomly placed
Pitt logo or helmet on bottom empty grid

Far right screen:
Black background with with a couple of gold and white ribbons randomly placed
Penguins goalie helmet on bottom empty grid

And what I am looking to do is fade the background colors into each other so there is no cut line from black to blue and back...

Sorry for the post being so long. I tried to explain as much as I could. If anyone knows of a downloaded program to help me make this happen and can offer any advice, I would appreciate the help. Been playing with too many wallpapers for so long, and never quite satisfied with any of them.

Thanks

As a standard wallpaper, you can't do this as each home screen swipe will only move the main background a small percentage of the overall width.

However, you could do this using a live wallpaper application.

There is a function called OnOffsetsChanged that can easily calculate which home screen you are on and use the relevant background as you see fit.

A simple settings screen where you can choose which image for which home screen would be pretty easy. So 5 separate images in your case.

I'm surprised one hasn't already been written. It would probably take only a few hours to do and shouldn't really be CPU intensive because it would only require updating as you swiped screens.

I'll see if I can get time to look at it over the next week. I would do it now, but I'm so busy trying to hone my latest Live Wallpaper and since it's a paid app I really have to be on the ball with any errors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones