• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

? about deleting text messages

150_cav

Android Enthusiast
Dec 16, 2009
I have the Eris and as most of you know it takes FOREVER to delete messages, I was wondering does it take forever on the Droid?

and here's what I mean by forever...
let's say you want to delete 100 messages so you delete the whole thread so you select the thread and select delete and it acts like its doing something then the screen times out and when you turn the screen on the message app forced closed and so you delete one by one and even then Omg its like waiting for Santa to come

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

I have a Hero, which is basically the same thing as Eris. I've let my texts build up to about 300, it took maybe 3 seconds to delete them. The Eris seems to have some weird glitches compared to the Hero.

Since we're on the subject, have any Droid owners accumulated over 1000 texts? Was there any problems getting rid of that many?

Upvote 0
I have a Hero, which is basically the same thing as Eris. I've let my texts build up to about 300, it took maybe 3 seconds to delete them. The Eris seems to have some weird glitches compared to the Hero.

Since we're on the subject, have any Droid owners accumulated over 1000 texts? Was there any problems getting rid of that many?

No problems for me, in fact it deleted every single one of my text (what I estimate to be 1500+) without me knowing, twice! I'm not sure if that has something to do with handcent sms or some kinda message limit on the phone. :thinking:

but overall when intentionally deleting threads the process is rather quick.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones