• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Activesync Security Policy Problem

Morat

Apr 9, 2010
Hello,
I've got my Desire syncing quite happily with Exchange. I noticed that it hadn't imposed security policies on the phone. I shrugged and thought that this must be a limitation with Android. However, when I had my Touch HD replaced under warranty that didn't have the security policies imposed either.
Oh Ho.

So, I created a new policy in Exchange and applied it to just myself. The requirement is for a simple PIN every hour. This is working fine on my Touch HD but the Desire wants a PIN every...freaking....time...it....sleeps....
As soon as the screen goes black, it wants a PIN on wake-up. This is getting on my nerves.

Is the Desire capable of asking for a PIN after an hour of non-use? Or is it impossible and the phone is getting as close as it can to the correct policy?

TIA
Morat

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones