• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

apocalypse_later

Jun 9, 2010
The Apad is an ipad knockoff that looks perfect for my car. I really just need Google maps and an mp3 player. What I would like to do is connect my EVO to the Apad somehow so the Apad can get internet for Google maps.

I'm not certain how I can get two android devices to talk like this. I do not have wifi tethering on my EVO, at least since the last update that broke my root. The Apad has a usb slot as well as a RJ45 slot, via adapter. It does not have bluetooth. Any ideas on how to get them to talk? I guess eventually there will be a new root hack and I can just enable wifi tethering on my EVO, but I'd like a solution that doesn't rely on that considering Sprint is pretty keen to stop it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones