• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adaptive brightness too bright

E21Ross

Lurker
Mar 10, 2011
Just this evening I've noticed the adaptive brightness on my Pixel 6 Pro to be much too bright. In a pretty dark room it's setting the brightness to around 90%! I've had to switch it to manual, which isn't ideal.

Can anyone think of a reason why this might change, and how to rectify it?

I think there should be a setting for adaptive brightness where you tell it, roughly, how light you like it. Some prefer a very bright screen and others prefer it a bit dimmer....

Many thanks in advance.

Just this evening I've noticed the adaptive brightness on my Pixel 6 Pro to be much too bright. In a pretty dark room it's setting the brightness to around 90%! I've had to switch it to manual, which isn't ideal.

Can anyone think of a reason why this might change, and how to rectify it?

I think there should be a setting for adaptive brightness where you tell it, roughly, how light you like it. Some prefer a very bright screen and others prefer it a bit dimmer....

Many thanks in advance.

According to the description under Adaptive Brightness, after you turn it on, you can use the slider manually "to help the adaptive brightness learn your preferences".

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones