• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help add more sound profiles, ring once

buckyandroid

Apr 5, 2011
1. Can you add more sound profiles than just normal, vibrate, silent?

Also, it seems that media volume is not tied to sound profile, which is kind of dumb. If I set sound profile to Silent, obviously it should turn media volume to 0.

2. Is there a way to set it to ring once (rather than repeatedly)?

Any free apps that can help me do the above two things?

to create new profiles for sound you can try quick profiles. i use this (the free version) just placed the app shortcut on my homescreen tap that and any new profile i created will be displayed, like "meeting" where i set all sounds to 0% then to go back to my "normal" sound profile set by the phone i just push the volume rocker up once and it changes back to normal

or you can try myprofiles lite. same principle as above but includes a widget which will tell you what profile you are using. only thing i dont like about this one is you cant just tap the volume rocker to go back to normal at the volume level you had it set at.

Upvote 0
I'm fussing with that now trying to see if there is some way to override the system which is set to loop the ringtones. Maybe an app does that, off to the market i go....

Well the only thing I can come with is to use a ringtone editor/maker take a clip you want record it and add about 30secs of silence at the end. This might work out better/easier to create it on your pc using audacity and then putting the ringtone on your phone from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones