1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Adding pages on MyTouch 3G? Without Rooting...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by visualoddity, May 11, 2010.

1. visualoddity

visualoddity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    So, I have a MyTouch 3G, and I have been unable to root it. It has the perfect SPL, and the gold card method isn't working. I really need 5 screens (3 for apps and 2 for Widgets). Yesterday I bought OpenHome, but it seems to really slow down my phone and cause lags. Is there a way to add this without being able to root, and also without OpenHome? Is there a better skinner, or preferably, an app that simply adds them?

Really, I just want something that will not use a lot of resources/memory, but add 2 pages. Maybe an option to not skin at all and use my existing layout/icons, but add 2 pages and set the center page (then page 3) to home...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

2. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Houston, Tejas
    AdvancedLauncher (Donut) in the Market. It's a very simple home replacement app; adding pages and the ability to hide apps in the drawer is all it does.

It will probably still slow your phone some, but it shouldn't be as bad as a more complicated home replacement.

3. visualoddity

visualoddity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Awesome, thanks! I just installed Home++ like 20 minutes ago, and am configing it. If this doesn't work well, Launcher it is! Thanks!