• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Adding pages on MyTouch 3G? Without Rooting...

visualoddity

May 11, 2009
So, I have a MyTouch 3G, and I have been unable to root it. It has the perfect SPL, and the gold card method isn't working. I really need 5 screens (3 for apps and 2 for Widgets). Yesterday I bought OpenHome, but it seems to really slow down my phone and cause lags. Is there a way to add this without being able to root, and also without OpenHome? Is there a better skinner, or preferably, an app that simply adds them?

Really, I just want something that will not use a lot of resources/memory, but add 2 pages. Maybe an option to not skin at all and use my existing layout/icons, but add 2 pages and set the center page (then page 3) to home...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Advanced Launcher in the Market. It's a very simple home replacement app; adding pages and the ability to hide apps in the drawer is all it does.

It will probably still slow your phone some, but it shouldn't be as bad as a more complicated home replacement.
Awesome, thanks! I just installed Home++ like 20 minutes ago, and am configing it. If this doesn't work well, Launcher it is! Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones