• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding wallpaper to Lock Screen

AGC 88

Dec 1, 2018
I have a free theme by Infiniti on. It's their "Minu/Black". I want to add a JPG to the Lock Screen only but don't see the photo that's supposed to be added (as confirmed by my Note 9 when in theme/wallpaper). But if I choose to put this JPG on home/lock I see it on the HOME screen. Is it the theme that's not letting me see the JPG on the lock screen?

...actually I have no problems changing the wallpaper on the Home Screen whether or not I'm using a theme. Not sure what setting is stopping me from changing the wallpaper on the Lock Screen. Ideas??

Are other pictures or wallpaper able to be applied to the Lock Screen?
Is the JPG in your Gallery I assume?

None. But as I said I have no problems posting pics on my home screen.

Are other pictures or wallpaper able to be applied to the Lock Screen?
Is the JPG in your Gallery I assume?

Yes it is. But no...no photos at all can be seen on the Lock Screen. Home Screen is fine (theme or no theme). :)

As I said...I must have some setting enabled I shouldn't to be able to see wallpapers the Note 9 says it applied.

UPDATE. Just had the Samsung Canada Tech Support girl remotely access my phone using Smart Tutor. Nothing wrong with my Settings. It turns out it was simply that I didn't know this OS has 2 Lock Screens. Defaults to the black screen (I guess to save battery life and protect the screen from burn-in) and the actual Lock Screen accessed by pressing the PWR button. I assumed there was just the one Lock Screen.

Is there a way to have the phone default not to the black screen? Turning off "Always On"??

CORRECTION. What happened was I have the "Always On" feature activated which is the black screen I kept seeing. That to get to the actual Lock Screen I had to press the PWR button if I have the "Always On" screen/feature enabled. If I disable it there should be no black screen on top of the Lock Screen.

I have the Samsung LED case. Said I needed to have the phone set to "Always on". Or do I? Maybe it's just a screen saving feature in case you have the phone on a charging dock using the phone as an alarm clock for instance.

CORRECTION. What happened was I have the "Always On" feature activated which is the black screen I kept seeing. That to get to the actual Lock Screen I had to press the PWR button if I have the "Always On" screen/feature enabled. If I disable it there should be no black screen on top of the Lock Screen.

Nope. Put the phone in LOCK...and it defaults to that black screen 1st...better to have "Always On" enabled with a clock/notifications icons. Still need to press PWR to get to see the Lock Screen. :)

Nope. Put the phone in LOCK...and it defaults to that black screen 1st...better to have "Always On" enabled with a clock/notifications icons. Still need to press PWR to get to see the Lock Screen. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones