• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adobe Reader for Android Released

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
If you have used the words “Adobe” and “Android” in the same sentence in the past month, you have no doubt been talking about their work to get Flash onto smartphones as part of Android 2.2. But in all of the ensuing chaos, let’s not forget that Adobe also makes several other very useful products [...]

More...

Reactions: thekarens
How do you load pdfs into it then? When I load up my HTC pdf reader (into my desire) it scans my phone and offers me a choice of the 30 or so files it finds.

Adobe Reader does nothing, and there's no load option on the menu or screen. What a joke.

After a few more minutes usage:

it's much slower than HTC's version. There's no `go to page` so when you want to go to page 340 of 500 you're just sitting there wearing away your screen as you flick up 200 times. Clearly none of the programmers who worked on this ever use it to read PDF files (just like the Windows Mobile version where there's no way of exiting full-screen mode so you have to kill it with a task manager).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones