• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ads in Stock Samsung Apps

They are obviously feeling sufficiently secure in their position at the top of the Android heap that they think they can exploit it without fear.

The dialer would p*** me off. The others less so just because I don't use manufacturer's own apps generally, including on my ancient Samsung tablet, so I'd probably never open the rest. But the dialer is a different matter.

But you know what, my tablet possibly is coming up for replacement this year (it's still usable for its main purpose, but it is 7 years old and showing it now), and this is another point against Samsung for the replacement even though it wouldn't have a dialer and I'd not use the rest: there is a principle here.

Upvote 0
You bet! The Note 20 had better be a spectacular upgrade from the Note 10 for me to buy it... but if I start seeing ads in stock apps that I can't block, it's going straight back to Samsung. If enough buyers return their phones over the ads (phones that Samsung can no longer sell as "new"), I'll wager that a very imminent update will be pushed out to kill the ads.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones