• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ads on AndroidForums.com

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    The ads have gotten to be so overkill... so I killed them all.

No ads on AF until further notice.

When we add them back, we'll focus more on:
    • Non-intrusive affiliate links to recommended products
    • A select few thoughtfully placed ads
    As we rebrand the site, I'm supremely interested in building a site that I'd want to use myself. And I really, really dislike sites splattered with annoying ads.

If you see annoying or intrusive ads, feel free to complain! I can't promise we'll make changes but I'm certainly listening to all feedback.

Wow, that's cool. I'm honestly ok with the top banner / side banner ads. I know the bills have to be paid. Where it crosses the line and makes me use an ad blocker are the pop up ads that block content, ads that blare videos and audio without me starting it, and obviously ad content inappropriate for all age groups (to be fair, I haven't seen this here in years, but I wanted to make sure it was stated).

Upvote 0
    Wow, that's cool. I'm honestly ok with the top banner / side banner ads. I know the bills have to be paid. Where it crosses the line and makes me use an ad blocker are the pop up ads that block content, ads that blare videos and audio without me starting it, and obviously ad content inappropriate for all age groups (to be fair, I haven't seen this here in years, but I wanted to make sure it was stated).
    Yeah the video ads, ads covering the content, etc... so so frustrating. I'll probably drop in an ad or two to test performance but I'm not bringing back all that popup garbage. Need to follow the golden rule and treat website visitors how I'd like to be treated!

Upvote 0
    It's sad. I like ads in principle. Done right, they're informative and/or entertaining. Unfortunately, advertising on webpages is a cesspit. Not only are webpages ads intrusive and worse than useless, they're security risks! All computers, which are used for web browsing, must have ad-blockers to be secure. Online ads hack computers too often.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones