• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help advanced task killer

I really think it is an issue that each person needs to test and decide individually, depending on their apps.

I know that for me, using ATK does significantly increase my battery life. I also don't see the programs restarting after I kill them unless I access them or a service that uses them which I don't do while on the road. Once I use the app, it stays in the "background" until I use ATK and then it's gone until the next time I access it.

This may not be the case for everyone, so I am not encouraging others to try it, it's up to you, It really doesn't matter to me.

Remember though, Microsoft told us for years that background apps did not decrease performance, they said the OS could handle the CPU and memory issues. Those of us in the know, found out differently and started stopping start-up applications to increase performance. Later on, it became a "main stream" action.

Everything on this thread is opinion and opinion only, and this is mine :D

Upvote 0
The DInc DOES NOT NEED Antivirus or ATK apps!!!! 3 different sources told me this, HTC, Verizon, and Handcent. I was having a prob with Handcent force closing so I contacted them. they recommended I uninstall BOTH Antivirus and ATK. Since that day my DInc has run smoother, faster, and I SWEAR the battery life is so much better now. I was charging at least 1-2 times a day, now I get almost 2 days after a full charge.

Upvote 0
The DInc DOES NOT NEED Antivirus or ATK apps!!!! 3 different sources told me this, HTC, Verizon, and Handcent. I was having a prob with Handcent force closing so I contacted them. they recommended I uninstall BOTH Antivirus and ATK. Since that day my DInc has run smoother, faster, and I SWEAR the battery life is so much better now. I was charging at least 1-2 times a day, now I get almost 2 days after a full charge.

I agree they don't need anti-virus, that has always slowed systems down and hurt performance as well as interfering with other running apps!

To be honest, I never heard of an Anti-virus for Android. Live and learn :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones