• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ADW.Launcher and Sense

Quboid

Android Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2009
Londonderry, UK
I'm running the latest ADW.Launcher on my Desire. Is it possible to enable the Sense UI widgets? That's what I'm really missing, the nice clock/weather widget, Friendstream, the next calendar event widget, text messages and the nice black Google search box.

I understand ADW can't include these for copyright reasons, but can they not be accessed when these widgets already exist on the phone?

You can mostly find equivalents or dare I say better widget apps on marketplace. I am using Pure Messenger Widget to replace freindstream, the same dev also has a calendar widget which is equivalent. I am using 'smooth calendar' which just lists the next 3 events which is all I want.

I am using Fancy Widget for the clock but I think its been pulled off marketplace as its too similar to the HTC one. I think Beautiful Widgets was the same deal but they have now restored the app with a new load of themes.

Reactions: Quboid
Upvote 0
I'll be wiping the phone for Froyo soon (hopefully!) but for a last few days I have been using ADW.Launcher with the widgets Felix mentioned and it's brilliant, I've no doubt I'll be installing it again once I put Froyo on. A big improvement over the Sense UI home screen (while keeping the excellent Sense keyboard and dark notification bar). I'm very pleased and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys fiddling with their phone and configuring stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones