• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After listening at high volumes for a while, the sound automatically turns down?

ark0010

Lurker
Jun 28, 2013
I like to listen to music while I run through headphones (or a headset in this case: Logitech UE 200vi). Of course, when I plug the headphones in, the sound automatically sets to about halfway, and when I turn it up (normally to about 3/4) it give me that little warning. So far so good.

Problem is, once I've been listening for 20+ minutes the sound automatically gets lowered to zero. Is this a normal part of some safety system to "protect my hearing," or is this a glitch? Any fixes?

Quick note about my headset - the play/pause button works, but the volume adjustments don't work with most android phones. I'm wondering if this extra hardware might be causing the problem?

Thanks for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones