• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alarming! Alarm Clock with Captcha

Just released version 1.2.3 of Alarming! Alarm Clock, which is the open-source android AlarmClock with some additions.

In this version (1.2.3) I added Captcha on Dismiss. If this option is set, you can not dismiss the alarm until you complete a little captcha. The captcha is a quick little game where you are presented 9 dots, some are randomly yellow. If you press a yellow dot it becomes green, if you press a gray dot it becomes red. Once all dots are green, you can proceed.

I also enhanced the Bed Clock. A big animated clock that will not sleep if the phone is plugged in, this version has 8 different animations.

Other features included in Alarming!:

• dismiss snoozed alarms
  • name alarms
  • set max volume for alarm
  • gradually increase volume
  • set snooze time
  • set auto-off time
  • pause between rings (nice for short ringtones)
All values are configurable to any value by slider.

Alarming! is $0.99 in the android market.

See screenshots and more info at http://android.hlidskialf.com/software/alarming

Are you still working on this project? I have been using a 2.0v variant for a while but last week the alarms have stopped going off.

I am running a Sprint HTC Hero with Modaco 1.2c rom. The Alarming app was running on Modaco 1.0 and for a few days after 1.2c was installed. If you want I can send you a nandroid backup to assist in debugging.

/edit, well I have completely wiped the phone and taken it back to where it was before with the MoDaCo 1.2c rom and now Alarming! works like it did before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones